More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:19, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
- Image:MMePhOxoBuacid.png is uncategorized since 18 April 2009.
- Image:MMePhOxoBuacid3D.png is uncategorized since 18 April 2009.
- Image:HuaShiFuZhong.png is uncategorized since 22 April 2009.
- Image:ThieleReaction svg.png was uncategorized on 6 September 2009.
TUSC token 00f737cf38d077c174e57d3dd1966bd4
I am now proud owner of a TUSC account!
Hello William915, can you help me translate from english to cantonese please? Lupenquarto (talk) 13:06, 9 December 2015 (UTC)