More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator (find an active one) on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
-- 08:48, 17 October 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
- Image:Profile-savonius.png was uncategorized on 17 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:45, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Profile-modis.png was uncategorized on 17 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:45, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Profile-benesh.png was uncategorized on 17 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:45, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Profile-rahai.png was uncategorized on 17 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 22:45, 18 October 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Autogyro flettner patent.png was uncategorized on 14 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 04:59, 16 November 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Rotating advertisement.jpg was uncategorized on 20 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 16:55, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
Those young birds
Hi XXLRay - my apologies for getting them wrong as Erithacus rubecula. However, they don't match for Muscicapa striata either, the bill on the chick is too stout. I see you also mention (File talk:Muscicapa striata young05.jpg) "Both were bigger than Erithacus rubecula"; how much larger? Muscicapa striata is the same size as Erithacus rubecula or slightly smaller (slimmer). The eggs and young in your photos are however consistent with Turdus philomelos, though the nest (no mud lining) does not fit that so well. But perhaps another Turdus species? Luscinia luscinia can safely be excluded as their eggs are plain green-brown (photos); also this species would only nest in dense vegetation, not in a wood-pile in a shed. Hope this helps! - MPF (talk) 19:39, 8 November 2013 (UTC)
- No problem. Let's try to work it out. I can definitely exclude Turdus philomelos. The parents were only slightly larger than Erithacus rubecula and from my memories smaller than Turdus philomelos. The birds could (shortly) stand still in flight if that helps. If I furthermore compare the chick to the following image it looks very much alike:
- --XXLRay (talk) 07:47, 9 November 2013 (UTC)