More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (direct access). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at Commons:Village pump/Copyright.
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations"). Pro-tip: The CommonSense tool can help you find the best category for your image.
BotMultichillT 06:31, 12 August 2009 (UTC)
- Image:Curse-a-Course10-Wallpaper.png was uncategorized on 11 August 2009.
- Image:Curse-a-Course-Wallpaper.png was uncategorized on 11 August 2009.
- Image:Wiktionary logo proposal XsandaOS.GIF was uncategorized on 4 November 2009 CategorizationBot (talk) 11:02, 5 November 2009 (UTC)
Speedy deletion proposal
Hi, I have tagged the following images for speedy deletion:-
The first of those is obviously a modification to one of the standard (copyrighted and non-free) Windows 7 wallpapers with your own promotional text on top, and is therefore a copyright violation.
I believe that the second falls into the same category, as a reverse image search turns up many copies without the promotional text, but no indication that this is a free image.
If you wish to dispute this and the images have not yet been deleted by an administrator, please follow the instructions on their pages.