User talk:Yeti Hunter
More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
Hi Peripitus, just wondering what image you based your map of Cleland conservation park on (this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cleland-conservation-park.svg). I am trying to find an accurate indication of the boundary. Hope you are well. --22.214.171.124 08:45, 14 March 2011 (UTC) Sorry, editing while not logged in! --Yeti Hunter (talk) 08:46, 14 March 2011 (UTC)
- Hi there Yeti Hunter. It's a bit hard to tell due to the way that I did this in illustrator. It seems that at least the road positions and park outline are from the 2003ish Gregory's street directory. The best outline I can see is the SA govt document on the YHA website. I intended at some point to write the article about this park but unfortunately never made the time to camp in the state library for long enough. All the best - Peripitus (talk) 07:36, 15 March 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Hello, Yeti Hunter!
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").
- Image:Hannaford.jpg was uncategorized on 9 November 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 15:42, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
File tagging File:Chiefminister.jpg
|This media was probably deleted.|
|Thanks for uploading File:Chiefminister.jpg. This media is missing permission information. A source is given, but there is no proof that the author or copyright holder agreed to license the file under the given license. Please provide a link to an appropriate webpage with license information, or send an email with copy of a written permission to OTRS (email@example.com). This also applies if you are the author yourself.
The file probably has been deleted. If you sent a permission, try to send it again after 14 days. Do not re-upload. When the OTRS-member processes your mail, the file can be undeleted. Additionally you can request undeletion here, providing a link to the File-page on Commons where it was uploaded (