User talk:Yuval Y/Archive
|(P.S. Would you like to provide feedback on this message?)|
- 1 Hebrew
- 2 Please link images
- 3 Hoping you can help.
- 4 Welcome message feedback
- 5 You have a great (yet stuffed) userpage!
- 6 Font colour of voting template
- 7 Administrator
- 8 Image:Hassan Nasrallah adr.jpg
- 9 Image:Israel security.JPG
- 10 Admin?
- 11 מחיקת Fruit fly larva in foreground and male and female pupa in background 01.jpg
- 12 mypage
- 13 POL locator maps
- 14 User:Danny
- 15 Should work now
- 16 Maybe too fast
- 17 Image:AMG.gif
- 18 Oh brother... #2
- 19 About the deletion request of Image:Persepolis_terrace_4.jpg
How's that for Hebrew Babel boxes ?
Yuval Y 11:22, 2 August 2006 (UTC)
Hello - thank you for providing images to the wikimedia commons. Please keep in mind that images uploaded to the commons should be useful to all users of wikimedia projects - this is possible only if the images can be found by other people. To allow others to find the images you uploaded here, the images should be in some place that can be found by navigating the category structure. This means that you should put the images into appropriate category and optionally place the images on topic pages (galleries) , or do both (see Commons:Categories). To find good categories for your images, the CommonSense tool may help. You can find a convenient overview of your uploaded files here: Gallery
The important point is that the images should be placed in the general structure somewhere. There is a large number of completely unsorted images on the commons right now. If you would like to help to place some of those images where they can be found, please do! Thank you.--Panther 14:49, 4 August 2006 (UTC)
- Thanks for trusting my judgment =) Yuval Y 14:45, 13 September 2006 (UTC)
Hoping you can help.
See Commons:Help desk. I provided an example for User:Avi kedmi, and it seemed rather than provide me with a rationale, he used my own example words for deletion. Also, he neglected to delete the image I provided the example of. I need a rationale for deletion. (See also my talk page here).
One other thing. He released these images to public domain. I'm fine with removing the ones that are less than a week old, in consideration of a margin of error, but because he released the license, he must go to Commons:Deletion requests for the older ones. Cary "Bastiq▼e" Bass demandez 00:23, 27 September 2006 (UTC)
- Well, I wrote him in hebrew, here and on the wikipedia. And I also adviced him to LEARN ENGLISH... Yuval Y 17:34, 27 September 2006 (UTC)
Welcome message feedback
One of the important things that sould be in the welcome messege, is "Please write your native language and your level of English, since it's mostly important" (or something like that). Seems that some users just don't know English, and by talking with them in their native tounge, many misunderstangings could be prevented.
Do you think "Put Babel boxes on your user page so others know what languages you can speak." gets this idea across, or not? Because that is what we mean of course.
I've also noticed that Commons:Babel is translated to various languages, but I haven't found an Hebrew translation...
You are more than welcome to create it!!! :)
I know we have very little language (translation) support for Hebrew, which is worrying as it is a top 20 Wikipedia. We need more people to create translations and also more Hebrew speaking admins. If you yourself are interested in having a more active role at the Commons, or know people who edit here a lot, please let me know.
- Well, I've asked the admins in the Hebrew Wikipedia, and it seems they're taking their time... I'll try to translate some more, hoping other hebrew speakers would join me. As for the babel, I meant something like "English is the common language of the commons, so write your level of English". The native language is to know how to chat with the user, 'cause it seems that some people just don't know English very well, and I've seen some misunderstangings when people uploaded the picture again, when they were asked about licence and stuff... Who knows, maybe I'd become an admin in commons
- Yuval Y 09:48, 27 October 2006 (UTC)
You have a great (yet stuffed) userpage!
Could I ask who translated the text to every language? I've re-checked your page at the hebrew wikipedia, to find out even though you don't know hebrew, the text is purrrrfect =)
Could I use your User:Cool Cat/Project template in my page as well?
Best regards, Yuval Y 01:16, 29 October 2006 (UTC)
- meta:User:Nahum was kind enough to translate my userpage to hebrew. I was actualy suprised by the translation. Never the less it was warmly welcomed.
- You are welcome to use anything you see on my userpage including /Project userbox.
- --Cat out 04:58, 29 October 2006 (UTC)
Font colour of voting template
Hi Yuval Y. You changed the font colour of the voting templates. Is that the result of a discussion? I didn't find any. If it's the case, please post the link here. Kindly, norro 12:57, 1 November 2006 (UTC)
- I'm sorry for not asking first, I just thought it looks clearer, as you can see in he:תבנית:בעד. Yuval Y 14:01, 1 November 2006 (UTC)
- I promise not to do such things again, as minor as it seemed to be at first. Yuval Y 15:22, 1 November 2006 (UTC)
Congratulations! You are administrator now. --EugeneZelenko 21:32, 4 November 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you Yuval Y 21:38, 4 November 2006 (UTC)
|Image deletion warning||Image:Hassan Nasrallah adr.jpg has been listed at Commons:Deletion requests so that the community can discuss whether it should be kept or not. We would appreciate it if you could go to voice your opinion about this at its entry.
If you created this image, please note that the fact that it has been proposed for deletion does not necessarily mean that we do not value your kind contribution. It simply means that one person believes that there is some specific problem with it, such as a copyright issue. If the file is up for deletion because it has been superseded by a superior derivative of your work, consider the notion that although the file may be deleted, your hard work (which we all greatly appreciate) lives on in the new file.
-- tariqabjotu 23:05, 4 November 2006 (UTC)
- Hmm... how about this instead? According to the page's license, it's a Creative Commons license, although I'm not sure if I'd trust the site as it seems the person has quite a few pictures of Hassan Nasrallah and that just does not seem plausible. I'm guessing at least some of the images are not free and (s)he is just uploading them his/her site, neglecting to mention the images are not his/hers. -- tariqabjotu 03:32, 5 November 2006 (UTC)
- I've asked the user to check the copyright issue, and to fill the missing details in his images. Yuval Y • Chat • 14:02, 6 November 2006 (UTC)
Congratulation for becoming an admin. I hope you will find useful things to do. / Fred Chess 16:34, 6 November 2006 (UTC)
- Thank you I have found some things to do, such as flickrreviewing, translating pages, and helping the Hebrew Wikipedians... Yuval Y • Chat • 17:53, 6 November 2006 (UTC)
מחיקת Fruit fly larva in foreground and male and female pupa in background 01.jpg
העליתי מחדש בשם "Image:Fruit fly larva and pupae 01.jpg"
RickP 22:38, 10 November 2006 (UTC)
Yup. I spotted it and moved back talk page, but forgotten about user page. Thanks a lot :) --WarX 23:37, 11 November 2006 (UTC)
- I suggest you to protect your userpage, and warn/block that guy. Yuval Y • Chat • 23:38, 11 November 2006 (UTC)
POL locator maps
Leave them - we have special script o generate those maps - ask user:Yarl to fix descriptions :)
--WarX 22:58, 16 November 2006 (UTC)
Danny is actually an employee of the Wikimedia Foundation. It's better to help him make sure the items he uploads are using the correct licenses rather than leave him messages about deleting his media.
By the way, he speaks Hebrew fluently.
- Thanks for the info. I don't want to delete his pictures, it's just that whn I use the "no source" link, the user recives the warning. I'll speak with him and guide him. Maybe he could help me with the translation. Yuval Y • Chat • 15:20, 22 November 2006 (UTC)
Ahalan! Unfortunately, I can't type in Hebrew right now--should be fixed by the weekend. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. As for the Greg Williams images, they are CC-by-SA as negotiated between the Wikimedia office and the creator of the images. I simply posted them for him to help him create a gallery. Nishtame'a. Danny 00:34, 23 November 2006 (UTC)
- That's ok, anything you choose is good enough for me =) I'm waiting to chat with you in hebrew. It's just easyer for me :-] Yuval Y • Chat • 00:39, 23 November 2006 (UTC)
Hi Yuval, yes I'm logged in but it doesn't work... --Guy1002 15:24, 24 November 2006 (UTC)Guy1002
- I see your user page address, just click on it and add some text in it... =) Yuval Y • Chat • 15:25, 24 November 2006 (UTC)
OK let's sign and see : --Guy1002 15:29, 24 November 2006 (UTC)Guy1002
Maybe too fast
- At http://www.benheine.com/ you can read "Artwork by Ben Heine © All rights reserved". So it seems we have a problem now: has Ben given permission only to Wikimedia?
- We still have the problem of the magazines and other media that have previously published Ben's works. Have they any kind of copyright over them? We don't know...
- This is the user page of Ben Heine himself. why don't you ask him? Yuval Y • Chat • 19:09, 24 November 2006 (UTC)
I asked this doubts at the deletion request. Now it's closed and nobody answered them. :-( That's why I said "maybe too fast".
I'll ask them again to Ben. Regards. --Dodo 13:38, 25 November 2006 (UTC)
- Hey, I believe you, really! The former doubts are independent of the permission given by Ben, which I believe it's right. Don't worry, I'll clarify them directly with Ben. Regards. --Dodo 13:43, 25 November 2006 (UTC)
Oh brother... #2
About the deletion request of Image:Persepolis_terrace_4.jpg
Hello Cool Cat
I've seen you've deleted Image:Persepolis_terrace_4.jpg I listed in Detetion request and shortly after you restored it, saying « ongoing OTRS process ». What is an OTRS process ?
I posted also a message to the uploader about others pictures from Livius that have less license information (it is not precised « provided that no fees are charged for their distribution »). They are for example Image:Bishapur_relief_2_1.jpg and Image:Kangavar2.jpg (see his contribution list). I asked him to give more information to know if Livius releases them in a free license.
Thanks for your answer. Sting 17:55, 27 November 2006 (UTC)
- OTRS stands for "Open-source Ticket Request System". On Wikimedia projects, it generally refers to the ticket system where volunteers respond to emails that are sent to Wikimedia, including general information (in several languages), press queries and permission emails. On Commons, "OTRS" generally refers only to this later type.
- Basically the copyright holder and OTRS people communicate. Image will be redeleted if OTRS doesn't work out. See the section above this one on my talk page. --Cat out 18:04, 27 November 2006 (UTC)
- Sorry, I didn't pay attention to the message above. Thanks for your explanation. Sting 18:13, 27 November 2006 (UTC)