|This is a Wikimedia Commons user talk page.
This is not an article, file or the talk page of an article or file. If you find this page on any site other than the Wikimedia Commons you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user to whom this talk page belongs may have no personal affiliation with any site other than the Wikimedia Commons itself. The original page is located at.
|This is the user talk page of Zhuyifei1999, where you can send messages and comments to Zhuyifei1999.|
A barnstar for you!
|The Admin's Barnstar|
|Thank you for your immediate action and steps to disaster recovery by restoration of deleted pages in recent event. Praveen:talk 05:58, 11 August 2017 (UTC)|
Not a fan of barnstars, but in this case, definitely, +146%... --A.Savin 13:48, 11 August 2017 (UTC)
Main page protection
Hi, I see you added full indefinite protection to the Commons main page recently— I was viewing the main page yesterday when I saw that it had somehow been deleted (?) as promotional by an account that was quickly designated as a sockpuppet of INeverCry and blocked. Am just wondering, WTF, and how does anyone delete the Commons main page?? (not that I ever want to do it, only that I was stunned that someone was able to). Do you know what happened there? The curiosity is killing me... Thanks! KDS4444 (talk) 10:32, 11 August 2017 (UTC)
- COM:AN, COM:BN, COM:AN/U should explain most of it --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 10:39, 11 August 2017 (UTC)
Variations on / feature requests for video2commons
Hi Zhuyifei! v2c is extremely useful; esp the automatic subtitle extraction. I'm using it to try rapid uploading of newly relicensed course videos. Two questions:
- Is there sth like this that can read from a spreadsheet w/ URLs and metadata? --SJ+ 13:47, 11 August 2017 (UTC)
- Does it make sense to include an option to try youtube-dl -f "webm" to extract the webm version directly from YT, rather than re-encoding? When it works that is rewardingly fast.
- Well, the v2c's API definitely support batch uploading, but so far I have not coded the interface to do so. See my reasoning at Commons_talk:Video2commons#Is_it_possible_to_give_the_tool_more_than_one_URL_to_do_batch_uploads.
- The current set format bestvideo+bestaudio, with prefer-free-formats. While it gives the best quality available, it has a few downsides, namely sometimes uploading extremely large sized videos and fail (4GiB+), and not always preferring webms when available. I'm just not smart enough to perfectly integrate with youtube-dl to find out the best option available.
- If you have a solution please tell me and I'll be happy to implement if it works, or you can submit a pull request. --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 22:56, 11 August 2017 (UTC)
Gallica upload tool
Update: Hey so I figured it out and reuploaded a fresh version of the image without the metadata that reveals too much info. I hope it's not too much trouble to ask you to delete this https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Trezor_Wallet-_Hardware_(Cold_Storage).jpg again? --Sanjev Rajaram (talk) 21:04, 13 August 2017 (UTC)
- Done Sorry for the delay. I was sleeping --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 00:36, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
- No problem. Thanks for helping me out. --Sanjev Rajaram (talk) 03:16, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
23:28, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
- @Gratus: Not a bug. Utilisateur:Gratus is a red link. --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 23:47, 16 August 2017 (UTC)
PDM images from this US Army Europe Account
Is it possible if the flickrbot could be programmed just to pass PDM licensed images from the above account. I find the images are US military images--usually US Army--and they are in the Public Domain needing Human Review. And they are creating a backlog in the flickr public domain category. See 'Noble Partner'.
- I don't like manually programming exceptions. They should change their license to 'no known copyright restrictions' or cc-0 on Flickr imo. Otherwise you could do mass-reviews :( --Zhuyifei1999 (talk) 09:59, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
Doesn't seem right
I posted this: "File:Volvo-Pete_crop.jpg". It is a crop of this: "File:Volvo_A40E_dumper_hauled_by_a_Peterbilt_truck.jpg". If the original is OK, shouldn't the crop be? Sammy D III (talk) 12:11, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
- Never mind, handled elsewhere. Sorry. Have a nice day. Sammy D III (talk) 16:17, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
18:01, 21 August 2017 (UTC)
Thanks for the SignBot, but in my opinion it does not make any sense to add a sign below a thumb-Picture . I think your Bot should ignore things like
]]. — Johannes Kalliauer - Talk | Contributions 18:07, 21 August 2017 (UTC)