More information is available at the community portal. You may ask questions at the help desk, village pump or on IRC channel #wikimedia-commons (webchat). You can also contact an administrator on their talk page. If you have a specific copyright question, ask at the copyright village pump.
-- 12:18, 12 May 2011 (UTC)
Tip: Categorizing images
Thanks a lot for contributing to the Wikimedia Commons! Here's a tip to make your uploads more useful: Why not add some categories to describe them? This will help more people to find and use them.
1) If you're using the UploadWizard, you can add categories to each file when you describe it. Just click "more options" for the file and add the categories which make sense:
2) You can also pick the file from your list of uploads, edit the file description page, and manually add the category code at the end of the page.
- [[Category:Category name]]
For example, if you are uploading a diagram showing the orbits of comets, you add the following code:
- [[Category:Astronomical diagrams]]
When picking categories, try to choose a specific category ("Astronomical diagrams") over a generic one ("Illustrations").Thanks again for your uploads! More information about categorization can be found in Commons:Categories, and don't hesitate to leave a note on the help desk.
- Image:Complete neuron cell diagram uk.svg was uncategorized on 4 June 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 19:01, 5 June 2011 (UTC)
- Image:FtsZ cytokinesis.svg was uncategorized on 2 September 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 14:20, 3 September 2011 (UTC)
- Image:Galactoceramide.png was uncategorized on 25 October 2011 CategorizationBot (talk) 21:42, 26 October 2011 (UTC)