Wiki Loves Africa 2014/Winners
The Wiki Loves Africa 2014 photographic competition has resulted in over 6000 image uploads to Commons around the theme Cuisine.
The photo contest entries were reviewed by a panel of experts, which collectively, identified a first selection of about 300 best images from the contest.
From this short list, the jury identified three winners. Congratulations to them !
Nutmeg by Terrence Coombes from Tanzania
Egyptian grains by Dina Said Eid, from Egypt
Girls cleaning coffee by Natnael Tadele, from Ethiopia
The Community Prize of the photo contest was decided between the 17th till the 25th of February. Community members from Wikipedia, Wikimedia Commons and social media related to Wikimedia projects chose from the top 20 images favoured by the official jury (these 20 images of course did not include the top 3 winners that had already been selected by the official jury).
Sudanese woman making the traditional baking called "Kisra,
by User:Alfateh2005 (Mohamed Elfatih Hamadien), from Sudan
All African countries were welcome to participate to the contest. The winning country in terms of participation was... Côte d'Ivoire with 994 pictures ! Congratulations to the local Wikimedia Community User Group which put so much energy in the contest !
- Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2016/Winners
- Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2016/Results and best practices
- Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2016/Community Prize Selection
- Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2015/Winners
- Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2015/Community Prize Selection
- Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2015/Results and best practices
- Commons:Wiki Loves Africa 2015 in Algeria