Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: The Zócalo — the main plaza of the Historical Center of Mexico City, and a landmark of Mexico City − México, D. F.
- The name comes from the Spanish word zócalo for base, from a monument base built for a Mexican War of Independence Monument, that was never completed.
- Many other cities and towns in México use the term for their main plazas also now.
- The Zócalo and surrounding buildings are part of the Centro Historico World Heritage Site.
Views of the Zócalo plaza
Buildings on the Zócalo
Historic images of the Zócolo area
Models of the Zócalo
- Models of the history of the Zócalo, displayed in the Zócalo Metro station.
- The Zócalo Metro station, under the Zócalo.