Commons:WikiProject Check Wikipedia
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
(Redirected from Commons:WCW)
The WikiProject Check Wikipedia will help to clean up the syntax of Wikipedia and to find some other errors.
Betatest - At the moment the script has some bugs and not every error on this page is an actual error.
- With the last limited scan the script checked 230 articles.
- At the moment the script identified 475 ideas for improvement in 223 articles.
- Scan begin: 2009-11-28 01:08 and end: 2009-11-28 01:09 (GMT, Toolserver)
- Duration: 0 min. 52 sec.
Project description in English
- What is the goal of this project?
- This project should help to clean up the data of all articles in many different languages.
- If we have a clear and clean syntax in all articles more projects (for example: Wikipedia-DVD) can use our data more easily.
- The project was inspired by en:Wikipedia:WikiProject Wiki Syntax.
- In order to use the data of a Wikipedia project without the Mediawiki software you need to write a parser. If many articles include wrong syntax it is difficult to program the parser since it needs to be complex enough to recognize the syntax errors.
- This project helps to find many errors in all kinds of language and will support many languages in the future.
- How does it work?
- The script scans every new dump and creates a list of articles with errors.
- The script scans all articles on the list on a daily basis to create a new list for users, omitting already-corrected articles.
- The script is written in Perl by: Stefan Kühn
- You can download the script here. It is licensed under GPL.
- New features, last changes and discussion.
- What can you do?
- The script creates a new error page at the toolserver every day. Please copy and paste the daily updated page at the toolserver (See downloads) to this page here. Attention: That page is a UTF-8 document. In case your browser cannot display the file in UTF-8 you can copy it into a text editor (for example: Notepad++) and convert it to UTF-8.
- You can fix an error in one or more articles.
- You can delete all fixed articles from this list.
- If all articles in one category have been fixed you can delete this category.
- You can suggest a new category of errors to the author of the script.
- You can also inform the author if you want this project to be implemented into your language's Wikipedia.
- Please don't…
- insert an article by hand since it will disappear from the list with the next automatic update of this page.
- try to fix spelling mistakes within this page since all manual changes will disappear as well with the next update. Instead, send an e-mail or message to the author so he can fix the spelling in the script.