Category:Aircraft by registration
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
|This meta category should only contain other categories. Files should either be in the relevant subcategory or in the parent category.|
English: This includes aircraft categorized by aircraft registration. The subcategories are named "<registration> (aircraft)". <registration> is the aircraft's registration when a picture was taken. Samples: Category:N999ZZ (aircraft) or Category:G-ZZZZ (aircraft).For additional information, see aircraft registration and List of aircraft by tail number
How to categorize
- The subcategories for a registration will generally be categorized at least by aircraft type/model and airline. Samples:
- Photos/images of airplanes will generally have additional subcategories for the location where the picture was taken, the point of view, additional elements in the picture. Samples:
- For additional categories, see Category:Aircraft
- If the registration is unknown, use other elements to categorize the photos/images/files.
- Categories for specific incidents, e.g. crashes, should be a subcategory of the registration. This in addition to other categories.
- If an aircraft is known under a specific name, its category can be a subcategory of the one for the registration. Sample: Category:Spirit of St. Louis is included in the otherwise empty Category:N-X-211 (aircraft).
- When one registration is used for more than one aircraft, the registration category is added to Category:Re-used aircraft registrations
This category has the following 200 subcategories, out of 48,320 total.(previous 200) (next 200)
(previous 200) (next 200)
Media in category "Aircraft by registration"
This category contains only the following file.
- IAI Arava.jpg