Category:Aircraft by registration
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
|This meta category should only contain other categories. Files should either be in the relevant subcategory or in the parent category.|
|This category is currently being developed or reviewed.
Please read the talk page discussion before making substantial changes.
English: This includes aircraft categorized by aircraft registration. The subcategories are named "<registration> (aircraft)". <registration> is the aircraft's registration when a picture was taken. Samples: Category:N999ZZ (aircraft) or Category:G-ZZZZ (aircraft).For additional information, see aircraft registration and List of aircraft by tail number
How to categorize
- The subcategories for a registration will generally be categorized at least by aircraft type/model and airline. Samples:
- Photos/images of airplanes will generally have additional subcategories for the location where the picture was taken, the point of view, additional elements in the picture. Samples:
- For additional categories, see Category:Aircraft
- If the registration is unknown, use other elements to categorize the photos/images/files.
- Categories for specific incidents, e.g. crashes, should be a subcategory of the registration. This in addition to other categories.
- If an aircraft is known under a specific name, its category can be a subcategory of the one for the registration. Sample: Category:Spirit of St. Louis is included in the otherwise empty Category:N-X-211 (aircraft).
- When one registration is used for more than one aircraft, the registration category is added to Category:Re-used aircraft registrations
This category has the following 200 subcategories, out of 38,190 total.(previous 200) (next 200)
(previous 200) (next 200)