Category:Archduke Ferdinand of Austria-Este
Archduke Ferdinand Karl Anton Joseph Johann Stanislaus of Austria-Este (1 June 1754-24 December 1806), was the fourth son and fourteenth child of the Holy Roman Emperor Francis I, Holy Roman Emperor and of his wife Maria Theresa of Austria. He was designated as the heir to the Duchies of Modena and Reggio but never reigned owing to the Napoleonic Wars. On October 15 1771 Ferdinand in effect married Maria Beatrice Ricciarda d'Este (7 April 1750-14 Nov 1829), only surviving child of Duke Ercole III d'Este of Modena and Reggio (although the marriage was not a requirement of Ferdinand's eventual succession).
Ferdinand and Maria Beatrice Ricciarda had nine children:
- Josef Franz (1772-1772)
- Archduchess Maria Theresa of Austria-Este (1773-1832) (1773-1832), married Victor Emanuel I, King of Sardinia
- Josepha (1775-1777)
- Archduchess Maria Leopoldine of Austria-Este (1776-1848), married Karl Theodor, Elector of Bavaria
- Francis IV, Duke of Modena (1779-1846), next Duke of Modena, married Princess Maria Beatrice of Savoy
- Archduke Ferdinand Karl Joseph of Austria-Este (1781-1850), Commander-in-Chief of the Austrian army during the Napoleonic Wars
- Archduke Maximilian Joseph of Austria-Este (1782-1863), Grand Master of the Teutonic Knights
- Maria Antonia (1784-1786)
- Archduke Karl of Austria-Este (2 Nov 1785-2 Sept 1809). Archbishop of Esztergom, Primate of Hungary
- Archduchess Marie Ludovika of Austria-Este (1787-1816), married her first cousin Franz I, Emperor of Austria
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Villa Reale (Monza) (9 C, 22 F)
Media in category "Archduke Ferdinand of Austria-Este"
The following 17 files are in this category, out of 17 total.