Category:Charles Alexander, Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach
Charles Alexander Augustus John, Grand Duke of Saxony (de: Carl Alexander August Johann); 24 June 1818 - 5 January 1901) was the ruler of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach from 1853 until his death.
Karl Alexander married with his first cousin, Princess en:Sophie of the Netherlands, daughter of William II of the Netherlands and Anna Pavlovna of Russia, sister of his mother. They had four children:
- Karl August Wilhelm Nicolaus Alexander Michael Bernhard Heinrich Frederick Stefan, Hereditary Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (b. Weimar, 31 July 1844 - d. Cap Martin, France, 20 November 1894).
- Marie Anna Alexandrine Sophie Auguste Helene (b. Weimar, 20 January 1849 - d. Trebschen, 6 May 1922), known as Marie; married on 6 February 1876 to Prince Heinrich VII Reuss.
- Maria Anna Sophia Elisabeth Bernhardine Ida Auguste Helene (b. Weimar, 29 March 1851 - d. Weimar, 26 April 1859), known as Anna.
- Elisabeth Sibylle Maria Dorothea Anna Amalie Luise (b. Weimar, 28 February 1854 - d. Wiligrad, 10 July 1908), known as Elisabeth; married on 6 November 1886 to Duke Johann Albrecht of Mecklenburg-Schwerin.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] Carl-Alexander-Denkmal Eisenach (3 F)
Media in category "Charles Alexander, Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach"
The following 11 files are in this category, out of 11 total.