Category:County of Inverness (ship, 1877)

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: County of Inverness was a four-masted iron ship built in 1877 by Barclay, Curle & Co., Glasgow for R. & J. Craig, Glasgow. Used in the Indian jute trade. Dimensions 266.5 × 38.7 × 23.5 ft (81.2 × 11.8 × 7.2 m) and tonnage 1716 GRT and 1636 NRT. Rigged with royal sails above double top- and single topgallant sails. 1916 she was re-rigged to a barque. 1920 converted to a steam ship and owned 1921 by Compagnie Franco-Atlantique de Transports, Bordeaux. Sunk in Hamburg during an air-raid 1945. Salvaged and broken up 1947.[1]

Names:

  • County of Inverness (1877–1911)
  • Dora (1911–1916)
  • Carmen (1916–1925)
  • Nemrac (1925–1940)
  • Amicizia (1940–1947)

Media in category "County of Inverness (ship, 1877)"

The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.