Category:Lafian (ship, 1928)
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
|Type||General cargo ship|
|Built by||Barclay Curle & Company Glasgow|
|Length overall||100.9 m (110.3 yd)|
|Beam||14.7 m (16.1 yd)|
|Draft||6.1 m (6.7 yd)|
|Gross register tonnage||3832 register tons|
|Deadweight tonnage||4,933 t ( 10954219.8 lb)|
|Main engine||Steam Triple Exp 3 Cyl (HP 22", IP 37¼", LP 63" x 45" stroke). 3 x Single Ended boilers supplying steam at max pressure 210lbs. Engines by Shipbuilder|
- 1928 Named: LAFIAN for African & Eastern Trade Corp, Liverpool Flag: United Kingdom
- 1931 Sold to United Africa Company Ltd, Liverpool
- 1936 Solt to Moss Hutchison Line Ltd, Liverpool Renamed: MEROË
- 1950 Sold to Reederei Karl Gross, Germany Renamed: ADELE Flag: Germany
- 1957 Sold to E K C Hornemann, Germany Renamed: TUCANA
- 1958 Sold to G Steinmeyer & Co, Germany Renamed: URSULA
- 1959 Sold to H F Cordes & Co, Germany
- 1961 Sold to Cia De Nav Eastern Auk, Panama Renamed: MEIN AN Flag: Panama
- 1961 Sold to Cia De Nav Ruhamah, Panama Renamed: RUHAMAH
- 1965-68 Sold to Time Lines (Panama) Ltd, Panama. Renamed: LIBY
- 1968-08-01 Arrived for Scrapping at Hong Kong.
Media in category "Lafian (ship, 1928)"
This category contains only the following file.
- SS Lafian.jpg