From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: New Fort York was built, commencing in the 1840s, to replace Toronto's original Fort York (now commonly known as "Old Fort York" as the primary military base for Toronto. Located on what is now the Canadian National Exhibition grounds, New Fort York was renamed the Stanley Barracks in 1893 after the Governor General of Canada at that time, Lord Stanley of Preston. After the Second World War, most of the buildings became vacant. The Stanley Barracks were mostly demolished in 1953. Today only one of the original buildings survives, the Officers' Quarters, which is currently generally called the 'Stanley Barracks'. Category:Stanley Barracks pertains to the one Officers' Quarters building, while Category:New Fort York pertains to the overall New Fort York.