Category:Victory Memorial School
The Victory Memorial School was opened in 1922 replacing the original St Mathew's Day School. The small primary school was built as a World War One memorial, to commemorate the fallen soldiers of the Anglican Diocese. The school was closed in 1966 when the roll dropped from 120 to 55. However, the building continued running as a school under the control of St Margaret's College. Later the building was used as a Rudolf Steiner school. In 1982 the school was sold to the Full Gospel Fellowship, later renamed the Beulah Christian Fellowship. A large church hall has been built on the front of the site and the original building, towards the rear of the site, continues to function as a Sunday school, crèche and meeting venue.
The school building in 140 Springfield Road, St Albans, Christchurch is registered with the New Zealand Historic Places Trust as a Category II heritage building, registration number 7486.