Welcome to our multimedia features page!
We created this page to introduce upcoming projects under development by the Wikimedia Foundation's new multimedia team, with the help of our community and partners.
We invite you to join the discussions below, to help develop better features based on your feedback.
Here are some of the active discussions now hosted by our team on Commons:
Hope to see you there!
Here are the multimedia team's feature goals for the coming year:
- Improve the viewing experience
- Enable seamless contributions
- Develop file feedback and curation tools
- Help add media files to articles
- Support multimedia campaigns
- Better integrate Wikipedia and Commons
And here are our infrastructure goals:
- Improve the upload pipeline
- Implement structured data
- Support more file formats
The multimedia team is now focusing on these features this quarter (Jan.-March 2014):
In 2014, we are considering work on these other features and projects:
- File Feedback
- File Notifications
- Structured Data
- Better Search
- New A/V Formats
- Campaign Tools
To learn more about our work, visit our Multimedia project hub on MediaWiki.org.