Wikimedia'nın bir bölümü olan Wikimédia Fransa.
Among other activities − detailed on Meta − Wikimédia France supports the Wikimedia Commons project and community in several ways. The entire support results are available on Category:Supported by Wikimedia France.
The chapter helps in getting accredited for various events:
The chapter negotiates privileged access for photographers to special places and collections, especially related to cultural institutions:
- Muséum de Toulouse with the Projet Phoebus
- Château de Versailles
- Various venues like the Bibliothèque Sainte-Geneviève or the École Nationale des Chartes
The chapter has purchased photographic equipment which can be freely borrowed by contributors.
- a fast telezoom, Canon EF 70-200mm f2.8 IS USM II lens − see overview on Meta, pictures category
- a photo studio − see overview on Meta, pictures category
- two cameras Canon PowerShot SX230 HS − see pictures category
- “Fañch”, a full set with a Canon EOS 5D Mark III, a perspective control, wide-angle lens, a 70-200mm telezoom lens, a portrait lens and a tripod − see pictures category
The chapter encourages participation to the Wikimedia projects, through the organisation of photographic rallies or contests like Wiki Loves Monuments:
Great gallery of Château de Maintenon - Eure-et-Loir, France
The Genoese tower in Porto at sunset - Corsica, France.
Opening and sharing public domain material
The chapter strives to create partnerships with cultural institutions, aiming among other thing to help them opening and sharing their public domain collections.
- École nationale vétérinaire de Toulouse
- Bibliothèque nationale de France
- Archives municipales de Toulouse
- Archives Départementales des Alpes-Maritimes
The chapter can help contributors to buy reference books to help describe pictures:
- Files documented with Saint-Sernin de Toulouse - De Saturnin au chef-d'œuvre de l'art roman
- Exhibition documented with the catalogue
A few figures
Wikimédia France has already supported the creation of 95.346 media. Among those: