Category:A typical patent of nobility (Ferdinand I., 1835-1848)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
A typical Austrian patent of nobility from the reign (1835-1848) of Ferdinand I. comprises the following elements:
- Eight hand illuminated vellum pages with printed decorative margins:
- Page 1 with the first part of Ferdinand I.'s "Grand Imperial Title"
- Page 2 with the second part of Ferdinand I.'s "Grand Imperial Title"
- Page 3 with the recipient's biography and reason why he is ennobled
- Page 4 with the recipient's new full title
- Page 5 with a large detailed painting in colour of the recipient's coat of arms
- Page 6 with a description of the recipient's coat of arms
- Page 7 with remarks on the recipient's new status as a nobleman
- Page 8 with the signatures of Ferdinand I. and his cabinet members
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.