Picture of the day
A tape head cleaner cassette made of clear hard plastic. The plastic is birefringent and demonstrates internal stress as coloured patterns (photoelasticity) when photographed using cross polarisation. The polarising light source (an LCD monitor) has been rotated such that the polarising filter on the lens is oppositely oriented and so cuts out all the direct light, leaving a black background.
- Please use the search box at the top of this page or the links to the right. Feel free to subscribe to our syndicated feeds.
- To fulfill the free license requirements, please read our Reuse guide. You can also request a picture.
- Have a browse through Category:Unidentified subjects. If you find something you can identify, write a note on the item's talk page.
- Check out all you need to know at our Contributing your own work guide.
- and more!
- To explore more ways you can contribute to this project, check out the Community Portal.