Butterflies and moths make up the scientific order Lepidoptera. There are many more moth species than butterflies. An unofficial scientific name difference between the two is Rhopalocera (butterflies) and Heterocera (moths). Additionally, both moths and butterflies proceed through distinctly different forms over their life-span: eggs, pupa, larva (caterpillar), imago (adult butterfly or moth). Finally, stylized depictions of butterflies are common in artwork. Such dipictions cannot be classified scientifically.
Questa categoria contiene le 14 sottocategorie indicate di seguito, su un totale di 14.
- ► Butterflies in art (29 C, 1 P, 366 F)
- ► Butterflies on black background (10 F)
- ► Butterflies by color (11 C)
- ► Butterfly nets (2 C, 10 F)
- ► People with butterflies (3 C, 8 F)
- ► Butterfly specimens (5 C, 193 F)
- ► Butterfly tagging (1 C)
- ► Butterfly zoos (9 C, 55 F)