Commons:Imker (batch download)
Imker does not work at the moment!
Imker allows to batch download files from Wikimedia Commons.
- Go to GitHub Wiki-java-tools project page.
- Find the latest Imker release. (something like Imker_v16.09.13.zip)
- Extract the .zip file and on Windows start the .exe file.
- In Linux (Ubuntu): Extract the .zip file. You will have three different files: imker-cli.jar,imker-gui.jar and run-imker-gui.exe. Open either imker-gui.jar or imker-cli.jar. If you face the following error
The file '/home....' is not marked as executable. If this was downloaded or copied from an untrusted source, it may be dangerous to run. For more details, read about the executable bit.
solve it by making the file executable using the following command
chmod +x ~"/Desktop/.../dist/production_x86_64-linux/rvm" = path of the file
If you want to use the CLI, open the terminal, then:
java -jar imker-gui.jar #for a graphical user interface java -jar imker-cli.jar #for pure terminal use
Commons:Example of a bulk download, edit and upload contains an example.
- Make sure you have at least Java 1.7 installed.
- Report any issues on my talk page or the issue tracker.
- New translations are welcome. Please translate here.