The WikiProject WikiWidgets provides a central hub to coordinate the creation, maintenance, improvement and spread of WikiWidgets throughout the Wikipedias.
Enable WikiWidgets on your wiki
After this code has been added, you must create a template for each wikiwidget that you want available in your wiki. This is because each wikiwidget comes with its own set of options that are passed on through the template parameters. See the page of each available wikiwidget for the template code and more info.
So far there are only two wikiwidgets available, both for articles about cellular automata:
- Vivarium (latin for 'place of life') is meant for Wikipedia articles about Conway's Game of Life, the best known cellular automata (live example)
- Formicarium (latin for 'place of ants') is meant for Wikipedia articles about Langton's ant, one of the best known cellular automata (live example)
Future, potential or requested
- Automata (latin for 'acting on their own will') is meant for Wikipedia articles about elementary cellular automata and cellular automata in general
- Keyboard for articles about keyboard instruments and music theory
- Go for articles about the Go strategy board game (using EidoGo)
- Chess for articles about chess
- Gravity to test different objects falling
- MediaWiki:WikiWidgets.js - WikiWidgets initialization script
- Category:WikiWidgets - Contains all the files used by the WikiWidgets project
- Discussions: first (English Wikipedia), second (Spanish Wikipedia), third (English Wikipedia), fourth (Commons)
- phab:T131436 - Experimental interface for embedding with partial security isolation. With further development, this will probably merge with WikiWidgets to provide infrastructure for widgets that are easier to review for security.