Mushrooms and toadstools are a particular type of fungi. They have a stalk which is sterile, and a cap which produces spores on the gills, pores or spines of its underside. "Toadstools" is a term for poisonous mushrooms. Mushrooms include many well-known fungi, such as agarics, boletes, and even some polypores. However, mushrooms are a form taxon and not a natural group - some of them are closer related to fungi growing in other shapes, such as shelf fungi or puffballs, than to other mushrooms.
|Category Mushrooms on sister projects:|
This category has the following 21 subcategories, out of 21 total.
- ► Close-ups of mushrooms (1 C, 63 F)
- ► Dried mushrooms (26 F)
- ► Grass and mushrooms (19 F)
- ► Mushrooms in heraldry (31 F)
- ► Mushroom-shaped objects (5 C, 15 F)
- ► Unidentified fungi (11 C, 1395 F)
Pages in category "Mushrooms"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Mushrooms"
The following 24 files are in this category, out of 24 total.
- Apreval04.jpg 243 KB
- Cortinarius caperatus 2.jpg 3.32 MB
- Cortinarius caperatus.jpg 2.79 MB
- Fungo ligneo.jpg 3.29 MB
- Little Tennesse Mushroom.jpg 715 KB
- Mushroom cap morphology.png 1.15 MB
- Mushroom cap morphology2.png 422 KB
- Mushroom on a bridge.jpg 3.11 MB
- Mushrooms at matheran.jpg 743 KB
- Mushrooms in Bathroom.jpg 1.38 MB
- Pilze.20130915.jpg 288 KB
- Russula flavida Veracruz.jpg 3.18 MB
- Umbrella Mushroom.jpg 10.92 MB
- Wild Fungi.jpg 2.13 MB