Category:Princess Ludovika of Bavaria
Marie Ludovika Wilhelmine (or Louise), Princess of Bavaria (August 30, 1808 - January 25, 1892) was the sixth child of King Maximilian I Joseph of Bavaria and his second wife, Caroline of Baden (en:Grand Duchy of Baden). She was born and died in Munich.
- Ludwig Wilhelm, Duke in Bavaria ("Louis") (June 21, 1831 - November 6, 1920)
- Wilhelm Karl, Duke in Bavaria (December 24, 1832 - February 13, 1833)
- Caroline Therese Helene, Duchess in Bavaria ("Nene") (April 4, 1834 - May 16, 1890), who married Maximilian Anton Lamoral Hereditary Prince of Thurn and Taxis
- They had four children, including Elisabeth, who married Miguel, Duke of Braganza
- Empress Elisabeth of Austria ("Sisi") (1837-1898), who married Franz Josef of Austria and became the empress of Austria and queen of Hungary and Bohemia
- Duke Karl-Theodor in Bavaria "Gackl" (1839-1909), who married twice. First to Sophie of Saxony in 1865 and secondly to Maria Josepha of Portugal in 1874
- He and his first wife had one daughter:
- He and his second wife had five children, amongst who:
- Marie Sophie Amalie, Duchess in Bavaria (October 4, 1841 - January 19, 1925). Married Francis II of the Two Sicilies.
- Duchess Mathilde Ludovika in Bavaria (September 30, 1843 - June 18, 1925). Married en:Lodovico, Count of Trani, son of Ferdinand II of the Two Sicilies.
- Maximilian, Duke in Bavaria (December 8, 1845 - December 8, 1845)
- Sophie Charlotte Augustine, Duchess in Bavaria (1847-1897), who was for a time engaged to Ludwig II of Bavaria, and later married Ferdinand Philippe Marie, duc d'Alençon (1844-1910), son of Louis, Duke of Nemours
- Maximilian Emanuel, Duke in Bavaria "Mapperl" (December 7, 1849 - June 12, 1893)
Ludovika was an excellent matchmaker for her children.
Media in category "Princess Ludovika of Bavaria"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.