I think that there is a grammer error on the video page pertaining to the fact that it says..
Subcategories There are 1 subcategories to this category.
Instead it should say that "There is 1 subcategory to this category." Sorry, dont know how to spell catagory. :PEugene0k2 23:45, 9 June 2006 (UTC)
It's grammar, not grammer. Anyways, I wish there was at least a title list to pick from, instead of having to look at video placeholder icons forever.
People have so many ways to record video these days, and yet the file formats are not standard.
is there any guideline as to what format video files should be stored in?
- The only video format allowed on commons is ogg/theora. See Commons:File types for details. -- Duesentrieb ⇌ 01:12, 26 February 2007 (UTC)
Can someone help me here please - I would like to have a sub-category of Street Light Interference which I could then put the following videos into. Apparently this is in some template, that I do not have access to. Can someone put this new category then on these videos. Also then if there are future videos on this subject, they can be added to this sub-category. This way also then I can say there is media at Commons (Category:Street Light Interference) for the article in Wikipedia Street Light Interference.
- Street Light Interference off.ogg
- Street Light Interference on.ogg
- Thanks.... --Doug Coldwell 16:52, 15 December 2007 (UTC)
The word "construction" is misspelled. It should be "construction" not "contruction" but I can't figure out how to fix this. When I click edit - well it doesn't work. 188.8.131.52 14:27, 25 March 2008 (UTC)
Should all videos be in the "Video" category?
I was looking at the possibility of adding all videos to this category, because Wikimedia does not provide a way to distinguish an Ogg video or sound file from an image. All three use the same [image:.....] syntax even though video should be accessed via something like [video:.....] and audio with [audio:.....].
Browsing all videos, but not mixed in with audio, on the Commons is apparently impossible. On the other hand if all videos were tagged with a "Category:Video" tag, would that make this page practically unusable listing thousands of videos?
- They should all be in this category if they are video, yes. However, all subcategories (categories in this category) are still part of the category. A video need not be listed here as well as at, say Category:Mammal videos. That would be overcategorization. Richard001 (talk) 09:26, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
I note a .gif file here. Should they be included? They are, I guess, moving images (though always without audio, and not a very good format except for very brief footage). I tend to think they shouldn't be here, but should we have a more general category for such media? Richard001 (talk) 10:14, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
- Well, we have Category:Animations, but it’s a bit strange to divide similar media such sharply only based on the technical means used. --Mormegil (talk) 15:35, 8 October 2008 (UTC)
I think that there is a lack of videos in the "Adult" section.
I mean, there are 3 videos of males doing one single thing (masturbation), but there are only two for females. Neither of those include masturbation. I think it would be beneficial.
Furthermore, it is just generally small. Pictures cannot convey a lot of sexual information and videos are better fit for it. Not to say outright pornography, but good examples of the female body and how it works.
184.108.40.206 18:05, 6 November 2008 (UTC) Bill Johnston