|Inductiveload User Area|
|Main User Page||Talk Page||Gallery||Contributions|
|Welcome to my user page. Have a look around my galleries and contributions if you like, or leave messages on my talk page. It is also worth checking in the IRC channels if you need me quickly.
If you can suggest improvements to my own work, tell me. Don't let any of my sub-optimal work hang around.
|Wikisource user page||Wikipedia user page|
|Babel user information|
|Users by language|
- Personal Sandbox. Nothing to see here, move along.
- Requests from Mike.lifeguard.
- Sarang bot work
Useful scripts for automating boring things/scraping stuff:
- JPG set -> DJVU converter. Converts a set of JPGs to a single DJVU file.
- dezoomify.py. A script to circumvent annoying Zoomifies. Downloads and combines with Imagemagick automatically.
Personal Favourites 
A few of the things that have taken me the most effort and/or that I am proud of:
- Infinitesimal Calculus at Wikisource - that is a LOT of equations!
- Many of the images at Exponential function
- Some of the images at Spherical harmonic
- All of the images (as of 2009/2) at Deutsche Pomologie, a collection of PD paintings of fruits.
Real spherical harmonic (l=4, m=2) (1 of 15)
Commons Bot Work 
I run a bot, InductiveBot, which helps me with uploading and minor edits. It is pending permission for category creation and editing. You can ask me to perform tasks with this bot, including:
- Batch uploads
- Batch minor edits (maybe subject to approval by a 'crat)
- Category work
- Anything else (simple stuff only, more advanced bots can do the hard stuff), and I'll see what I can do.
See also my gallery for more work.
If possible I use DejaVu Serif for my newer diagrams, as it is supported by the mediawiki renderer, unlike many others, and it is a free font (in all senses). Also it looks good with "Computer Modern" which is what is used by LaTeX and the Inkscape equation setter.
To get the the Computer Modern fonts, look here for the OTF fonts.
Tools I Use 
I have the following software that I use often for my images:
- Mathematica 7
- SolidEdge 14
- Inkscape - highly recommended to everyone - especially now it can do PDF!
Occasionally I have access to Adobe CS2 and MuPAD.
I will usually be more than happy to attempt to plot graphs and the like for you if you ask me nicely. Things that can be done are below. Most things can be given in SVG, or PNG or animated GIF as appropriate.
Graphs and Plots 
- Basic 2D Line Plots
- Scatter Plots
- 3D line plots (eg Parametrics)
- 3D Surfaces
- Density and Contour Plots
Technical Diagrams 
- Circuit Diagrams of most sorts
- See my gallery for the kind of thing you might get
Also, I will be happy to transcribe (interesting) equations into TeX - I've had a LOT of practice at this!
I have an academic license of SolidEdge v14, so if you need 3D drawing, they can be generated (and in SVG!) Colour, wireframe, technical drawings, etc - all possible! They look awesome, so if you have an interesting proposal, tell me - I'd probably enjoy making it!
Things I have, am or will shortly be contributing to
Generally improvements and replacements when I can, especially diagrams relating to electronic engineering.
Recategorisation is a current personal project. As well as moving hundreds of miscategorised images from various places, so far I have difffused or am diffusing the following major categories:
- Category:Electrical engineering - used to be 300+
- Category:Electronics - used to be nearly 500
- Category:Power electronics - used to be around 50
I like writing textbooks - it's much more rewarding than just an encyclopaedic article. The whole concept explained form start to finish, with as many illustrations as needed, obviously.
- Practical Electronics
- Differential Equations
- Materials in Electronics
- Circuit Theory
- 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica project
- Stukeley's biography of Sir Isaac Newton
General improvements, nothing special.