The đàn tranh is a plucked zither of Vietnam, which is similar to the Chinese guzheng , the Japanese koto, the Korean kayagum and the Mongolia Yatga. In northern Vietnam, the instrument is also known as the đàn thập lục. It has a long soundbox with the steel strings, movable bridges and tuning pegs positioned on its top.
The đàn tranh can be used either as a solo instrument, as part of various instrumental ensembles or to accompany vocal performances.
plucked zither of Vietnam
|Subclass of||plucked string instrument|
Media in category "Đàn tranh"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Cach-choi-dan-tranh-150714.jpg 1,000 × 667; 87 KB
- Dantranh top02.jpg 1,153 × 576; 631 KB
- Flickr - dalbera - Huong Thanh Trio, (musée Guimet, Paris).jpg 1,024 × 646; 336 KB
- Ps 1404537182 195.jpg 473 × 650; 364 KB
- Ðàn Tranh.jpg 2,600 × 1,365; 1.43 MB