Category:1875 Union Bridge
English: The Union Bridge crossing the Allegheny River was the first of all highway bridges erected at the confluence of three rivers, or, at the Point. It also became the last wooden river bridge in Pittsburgh, PA. It represented a long Howe 5 span truss bridge design with entrance arches and sidewalks. The Union bridge was constructed in 1874-1875, and demolished in 1907 after complains that it obstructed the Allegheny River traffic.
Media in category "1875 Union Bridge"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Confluence of the Allegheny and Monongahela Rivers (13539809325).jpg 2,000 × 1,007; 2.21 MB
- Pittsburgh Volume 3 Plate 1.jpg 5,717 × 4,500; 820 KB
- Union Bridge, Pittsburg, Pa, from Robert N. Dennis collection of stereoscopic views.jpg 2,737 × 1,692; 1.68 MB
- Union Bridge, Pittsburg, Pa, from Robert N. Dennis collection of stereoscopic views.png 2,737 × 1,692; 5.6 MB