Category:245 Clinton Avenue George DuPont Pratt Mansion Burns Hall
254 Clinton Avenue between Dekalb and Willoughby Avenues in the Clinton Hill neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City was built in 1901 as the residence of George DuPont Pratt, a son of Standard Oil magnate Charles Pratt, and was designed by Babb, Cook & Willard, combining Italian Renaissance and America Colonial forms. It was built around another dwelling on the site. Pratt sold the house in 1917, and the Sisters of St. Joseph bought it in 1918. It is now Burns Hall of St. Joseph College, and includes a formal dining room and parlors, a chapel, the student lounge and kitchen and laboratories for the Biology Department. It is located within the Clinton Hill Historic District. (Sources: "Clinton Hill Historic District Designation Report" and "Brooklyn:Facilities" on the St. Joseph's College website)
Media in category "245 Clinton Avenue George DuPont Pratt Mansion Burns Hall"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.