From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: Adel is a city in Cook County, Georgia, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city had a population of 5,344. The city is the county seat of Cook County. The original name of the city was Puddleville. The city's first postmaster, Joel "Uncle Jack" Parrish, wanted to change the name of the city. It is believed that he saw the name "Philadelphia" on a crocus sack, struck out the first and last four letters to create the present name of Adel.
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Media in category "Adel, Georgia"
The following 46 files are in this category, out of 46 total.
- Adel Cemetery.JPG 4.47 MB
- Adel City Limit, GA 37 WB.JPG 4.35 MB
- Adel City Park.jpg 2.14 MB
- Adel Masonic Lodge 310.jpg 7.72 MB
- Adel Water Tower, Georgia.JPG 4.42 MB
- Adel Welcome Signs, GA 37 WB.JPG 4.46 MB
- GAMap-doton-Adel.PNG 19 KB
- Georgia I75nb Exit 37.JPG 4.44 MB
- Georgia I75nb Exit 39 1 mile.JPG 4.52 MB
- Georgia I75nb Exit 39.JPG 4.52 MB
- Georgia I75sb Exit 37 1 mile.JPG 4.48 MB
- Georgia I75sb Exit 37.JPG 4.65 MB
- Georgia I75sb Exit 39.JPG 4.35 MB