Ahuitzotl was the eighth Aztec ruler, responsible for much of the expansion of the Mexica domain, and consolidated the empire's power after a weak performance by his predecessor. He took power as an emperor in the year 7 Rabbit (1486), after the death of his brother. He was a paternal uncle of Moctezuma II.
8th tlatoani of Tenochtitlan and ruler of the Aztec Triple Alliance
|Date of birth||15th century (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584)|
|Date of death||2 September 1502 (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584)|
Media in category "Ahuitzotl"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Ahuitzotl.jpg 680 × 872; 174 KB
- AhuitzotlGlyphHarvard.jpg 1,722 × 1,735; 1.58 MB
- Auitzotl, the Eighth Aztec King (Reigned 1486–1502) WDL6748.png 1,352 × 1,024; 2.12 MB
- Awisotl.ogg 1.0 s; 18 KB
- Codex Mendoza folio 13r.jpg 739 × 1,084; 186 KB
- Lápida de Ahuízotl - octavo Huey Tlatoani de los mexicas.jpg 2,876 × 2,912; 7.24 MB