Category:Albion (ship, 1898)
- Type: Carvel (flush planked) wherry in oak on oak frames.
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by: William Brighton at his yard on the north bank of Lake Lothing, between Oulton Broad and Lowestoft.
- Yard No:
- Keel laid:
- Launch date: 10.1898
- Date of completion:
- Length over all: 19.70 m
- LPP: 17.69 m
- Beam: 4.57 m
- Draught: 1.37 m
- DWT: 22.78
- Sail area: The fore and aft rig is carried on an unstayed mast of 12.80 m, finely counterbalanced at the heel with approximately one ton, allowing for easy lowering of the mast to navigate the many Broadland bridges. The mast and counterweight assembly is supported by an enormous tabernacle, braced by tabernacle knees, with the whole supported by the main beam.
- Speed: kn
- Official number: 148735
- 1898 Named: ALBION for the firm of Bungay Maltsters, W.D. and A.E. Walker. She cost £455 to build. Flag: United Kingdom
- 01.1929 Sank near Great Yarmouth Bridge, to be raised three days later.
- 1931 Lost her mast, and had it replaced with that from Sirius.
- 1931 Sold to the General Steam Navigation Company. Renamed: PLANE
- Eventually stripped of all her gear, she became a lighter
- 1949 Found by The Norfolk Wherry Trust. Renamed: ALBION
Media in category "Albion (ship, 1898)"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Albion (wherry).jpg 3,240 × 4,320; 3 MB
- Albion Bill 031.jpg 1,600 × 1,200; 380 KB
- Trading Wherry Albion on the Bure - geograph.org.uk - 690477.jpg 427 × 640; 188 KB
- Wherry Albion - geograph.org.uk - 904111.jpg 480 × 640; 135 KB
- Wherry Albion 1963 (Nancy).gif 435 × 589; 168 KB
- Wherry Albion Ludham.jpg 4,032 × 3,024; 2.54 MB
- Wherry albion.jpg 1,024 × 768; 153 KB