Anthony Jenkinson (1529-1610/1611) was one of the first Britons to explore Muscovy and present day Russia. Jenkinson was a traveller and explorer on behalf of the Muscovy Company and the British crown. He also met Ivan the Terrible several times during his trips to Moscow and Russia. He detailed the accounts of his travel through several written works over his life.
English diplomat, traveller and explorer (1529-c.1611)
|Date of birth||8 October 1529 (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584)|
|Date of death||1610, 16 February 1611|
|Country of citizenship|
Media in category "Anthony Jenkinson"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- 1562-anthony jenkinson.2.jpg 5,340 × 4,219; 3.72 MB
- Anthony Jenkinson's Map of Russia 1562-original.jpg 865 × 691; 761 KB
- Bodleian Libraries, Russiae, Moscoviae et Tartariae descriptio.jpg 1,000 × 675; 165 KB
- Jenkinson map.jpg 998 × 664; 235 KB
- Nova Absolutaque Russiae, Moscoviae et Tartariae descriptio (1562).jpg 17,006 × 12,942; 29.73 MB
- Russiae, Moscoviae et Tartariae descriptio.jpg 1,910 × 1,550; 6.46 MB
- Московия макс.вел.княжество 1593 Антверпен авторы Антоний Дженкинсон и Герард де Йоде.jpg 2,197 × 2,863; 9.45 MB