Category:Archaeological Survey of India
Indian agency responsible for archaeological studies and preservation
|Instance of||government agency (India)|
The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) (Devanagiri: भारतीय पुरातत्व सर्वेक्षण) is a department of the Government of India, attached to the Ministry of Culture. It is responsible for archaeological studies and the preservation of archaeological heritage of the country by various acts of the Indian Parliament, to "explore, excavate, conserve, preserve and protect the monuments and sites of National & International Importance." Among various other activities, imparting training to the young professionals in the field of Archaeology is another function of the ASI. The Archaeological Survey of India runs a premier institute in New Delhi for this purpose.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► ASI Monuments (2 C, 6 F)
- ► Group of monuments at Hampi (52 C)
- ► Itagi Bhimambika (4 F)
- ► Kaitabheshvara Temple, Kubatur (1 C, 6 F)
- ► John Marshall (archaeologist) (1 F)
Media in category "Archaeological Survey of India"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Admission-Ticket-Bakel-Fort-Kasargod.jpg 4,000 × 3,000; 1.48 MB
- AMARAVATI GUIDE BOOK.jpg 2,592 × 3,872; 5 MB
- ARCHAEOLOGICAL SURVEY OF INDIA - GOA.jpg 4,288 × 3,216; 3.7 MB
- Chandraketugarh Mound - ASI Notice - Berachampa 2012-02-24 2520.JPG 4,000 × 3,000; 3.12 MB
- Khana-Mihir Mound ASI Signage - Berachampa 2012-02-24 2344.JPG 4,000 × 3,000; 2.71 MB
- Name Board of Office of the Superintending Archaeologgist,Aurangabad.JPG 3,920 × 2,208; 4.21 MB
- Photo of News in Daily Hitavada.JPG 816 × 612; 218 KB
- The Indian Antiquary, Vol. 4-1875.djvu 1,564 × 2,062, 416 pages; 17.26 MB