Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Azrael is typically known as one of the names of the angel of death. It is an English form of the Arabic name Ezra'il or Ezra'eil (عزرایل), the name traditionally attributed to the angel of death in Islam, although the Qur'an never uses this name, usually using instead Malak al-Maut (which translates directly as angel of death). It is also spelled Izrail, Izrael, Azrail, Azraille, or Ozryel. Chambers English dictionary uses the spelling Azrael. The name literally means Assistant(helper) of God.
angel in some Abrahamic religions; often identified with the angel of death
|Instance of||angel in Judaism,|
angel in Islam,
|Said to be the same as|
Media in category "Azrael"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- AC-130 AZRAEL Angel of Death.jpg 1,600 × 1,200; 609 KB
- Evelyn De Morgan - Angel of Death.jpg 754 × 1,024; 212 KB
- Lockheed AC-130A Spectre gunship, USAF Museum, Dayton, Ohio.jpg 1,425 × 806; 193 KB
- Mohammed+4Engel.jpg 438 × 389; 56 KB
- Six-winged Seraph (Azrael). 1904.jpg 1,000 × 864; 283 KB
- Siyer-i Nebi 298a.jpg 497 × 777; 116 KB
- Their Victory Won (Coates) Harper's Magazine December 1918.jpg 2,369 × 3,651; 2.44 MB
- Vrubel Azrail.jpg 2,115 × 1,911; 1.46 MB
- Иллюстрация В. А. Полякова к поэме М. Ю. Лермонтова «Ангел смерти».png 2,666 × 4,081; 8.96 MB