Jump to navigation Jump to search
angel in some Abrahamic religions; often identified with the angel of death
|Said to be the same as||Destroying angel, Ezrael|
English: Azrael is typically known as one of the names of the angel of death. It is an English form of the Arabic and Hebrew name. (عزرایل) or (עזראל).
Arabic and Hebrew language both comes from the aramaic language, which means the angel name in both languages has the same meaning. the name traditionally attributed to the angel of death in Islam and Judaism religion.although the Qur'an or the Hebrew Bible never uses this name, usually using instead Malak al-Maut (which translates directly as angel of death). It is also spelled Izrail, Izrael, Azrail, Azraille, or Ozryel. Chambers English dictionary uses the spelling Azrael. The name literally means Assistant (helper) of God.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Azrael"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- AC-130 AZRAEL Angel of Death.jpg 1,600 × 1,200; 609 KB
- Evelyn De Morgan - Angel of Death.jpg 8,022 × 10,749; 35.16 MB
- Evelyn De Morgan - Angel of DeathFXD.jpg 8,022 × 10,749; 22.96 MB
- Lockheed AC-130A Spectre gunship, USAF Museum, Dayton, Ohio.jpg 1,425 × 806; 193 KB
- Mohammed+4Engel.jpg 438 × 389; 56 KB
- Siyer-i Nebi 298a.jpg 497 × 777; 116 KB
- Their Victory Won (Coates) Harper's Magazine December 1918.jpg 2,369 × 3,651; 2.44 MB
- Иллюстрация В. А. Полякова к поэме М. Ю. Лермонтова «Ангел смерти».png 2,666 × 4,081; 8.96 MB