Category:Bagrat III of Georgia
Jump to navigation Jump to search
King of Georgia
|Date of birth||960|
|Date of death||7 May 1014|
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
English: Bagrat III (c. 960–1014), of the Georgian Bagrationi dynasty, was King of the Abkhazians from 978 on (as Bagrat II) and King of Kings of the Georgians from 1008 on. He united these two titles by dynastic inheritance and, through conquest and diplomacy, added some more lands to his realm, effectively becoming the first king of what is generally known as a unified Georgian monarchy. Before Bagrat was crowned as the king, he had also reigned as a dynast in Kartli from 976 to 978.
This category has only the following subcategory.
Media in category "Bagrat III of Georgia"
The following 10 files are in this category, out of 10 total.
- Bagrat III of Georgia (Gelati mural).jpg 426 × 386; 61 KB
- Bagrat III Unifier (crop).png 251 × 381; 295 KB
- Barataev 1844. David II and Bagrat III. Giorgi I. Giorgi II. Giorgi III. David III.jpg 1,864 × 2,904; 567 KB
- Barataev 1844. David II and Bagrat III.jpg 1,744 × 489; 80 KB
- Coin (dirham) of Bagrat III, struck at the Tiflis mint (obverse).jpg 2,115 × 2,141; 1.5 MB
- Coin (dirham) of Bagrat III, struck at the Tiflis mint (reverse).jpg 2,125 × 2,137; 1.52 MB
- Inscription of Khtsisi Church of St. Ioane.jpg 2,448 × 3,264; 2.39 MB
- Stamp of Georgia - 2014 - Colnect 634022 - King Bagrat.jpeg 756 × 570; 122 KB
- ტიმოთე გაბაშვილის მიმოსვლა, ბაგრატ მეფე (XVIII ს.).jpg 2,745 × 3,895; 5.29 MB