Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Basin in Earth sciences may refer to:
- (hydrology/hydrography) Drainage basin/catchment basin/watershed, a topographic region in which all water drains to a common area, so this is the connected area of flowing and still overground water, leading to a lowermost point
- (geography) Endorheic basin, a closed drainage basin often with a sink where water collects
- You may also be looking for Category:Drainage divides
- (sedimentology) Sedimentary basin , a low and usually sinking region that is filled with sediments from adjacent positive areas
- (structural geology) Structural basin , a large-scale structural formation of rock strata formed by tectonic warping of previously flat lying strata (e.g., a Graben)
- Oceanic basin, a structural basin covered by seawater (long narrow undersea depressions are oceanic trenches)
- Pull apart basin, a section of crust separated by the action of two strike-slip faults or the flexure of a transform fault
See also: If you're searching for medias related to technology
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Media in category "Basins"
This category contains only the following file.
- Spain Church plate.jpg 1,520 × 1,532; 1.47 MB