Category:Billmuthausen

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
Deutsch: Billmuthausen (auch Billmuthhausen) ist eine Wüstung im Heldburger Land in Thüringen. Sie liegt im äußersten Süden Thüringens im Landkreis Hildburghausen zwischen den Kleinstädten Bad Colberg-Heldburg in Thüringen und Bad Rodach in Bayern am Flüsschen Rodach. Der Ort ist heute eine Gedenkstätte an der ehemaligen innerdeutschen Grenze.
English: Billmuthausen was a village in Germany, founded in 1340. It was destroyed by the East German authorities in 1978 as it stood too close to the Inner German border (part of the larger "Iron Curtain"), the border between the post-war states of East and West Germany. It lay in the extreme south of Thuringia in the Heldburger Land in the district of Hildburghausen, only five hundred meters away from the Thuringian-Bavarian border. In January 1965 the authorities destroyed the very old little church of village. In September 1978, the last family left the village. After that, all the houses were demolished and the land leveled.
Français : Billmuthausen (également appelé Billmuthhausen) est un village abandonné dans le Land de Thuringe, en Allemagne. Situé au sud de l'État dans l'arrondissement d'Hildburghausen entre les petites villes de Bad Colberg-Heldburg et Bad Rodach (en Bavière, sur la rivière Rodach). Ce village sert maintenant de mémorial à l'ancienne frontière intérieure allemande.

Media in category "Billmuthausen"

The following 2 files are in this category, out of 2 total.