Category:Cappella di San Martino, Lower Church, San Francesco, Assisi

From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
Jump to: navigation, search
English: The Saint Martin Chapel is in the Lower Basilica of the Basilica of San Francesco d'Assisi complex, in Assisi, Perugia - Italy.
  • The Gothic 14th century chapel, on the left of the central nave, is dedicated to Martin of Tours.
  • The Saint Martin Chapel was built by Cardinal da Montefiore, and was decorated between 1317 and 1319 with ten frescos depicting Martin of Tours's life by painter Simone Martini. These are amongst the greatest works of Simone Martini and the finest examples of 14th-century painting.


Subcategories

This category has only the following subcategory.

Pages in category "Cappella di San Martino, Lower Church, San Francesco, Assisi"

This category contains only the following page.

Media in category "Cappella di San Martino, Lower Church, San Francesco, Assisi"

The following 85 files are in this category, out of 85 total.