Category:Charlotte metropolitan area
From Wikimedia Commons, the free media repository
English: The Charlotte metropolitan area (also Metrolina, Charlotte Metro, or Charlotte USA) is a metropolitan area/region of North and South Carolina within and surrounding the city of Charlotte. Located in the Piedmont of the Southeastern United States, the Charlotte metropolitan area is well-known for its auto racing history (especially NASCAR) and is the United States' second largest banking and financial hub, behind New York City. The region is headquarters to 8 Fortune 500 and 13 Fortune 1000 companies including Bank of America, Duke Energy, Nucor Steel, Lowe's Home Improvement Stores, and Chiquita Brands. It is also the Carolinas' largest manufacturing region. The Charlotte MSA is the largest in the Carolinas and the sixth largest metropolitan area in the Southeastern region of the United States, behind Miami, Atlanta, Washington, DC, Tampa, and Orlando.
This category has the following 16 subcategories, out of 16 total.
- ► Gaston County, North Carolina (7 C, 19 F)
- ► Iredell County, North Carolina (6 C, 10 F)
- ► Mecklenburg County, North Carolina (10 C, 23 F)
- ► Rowan County, North Carolina (5 C, 63 F)
- ► Stanly County, North Carolina (4 C, 28 F)
- ► Union County, North Carolina (7 C, 9 F)
- ► York County, South Carolina (9 C, 7 F)