Category:Church of St. Michael and St. Anthony
English: The Church of St. Michael and St. Anthony is a Roman Catholic church located in Mile End, Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It was originally built as the Church of St. Michael and frequented by Irish Catholics. Because of the growth of the Polish community in the area, in 1964 a Polish mission was inaugurated in the church and the church's name was expanded to "St. Michael and St. Anthony". The church exemplifies cultural hybridity, being a Byzantine-styled church, built for Irish Catholics, in a multicultural neighbourhood, and being home today to mostly Poles and Italians. The church has also been noted for its Byzantine-style architecture, complete with a dome and minaret-styled tower, making it one of the more unique examples of church architecture in Montreal.
|Object location||View all coordinates using: OpenStreetMap - Google Maps - Google Earth - Proximityrama|
Media in category "Church of St. Michael and St. Anthony"
The following 8 files are in this category, out of 8 total.
- Church of St. Michael and St. Anthony 01.jpg 3,456 × 4,608; 3.42 MB
- Church of St. Michael and St. Anthony.jpg 4,000 × 3,000; 3.68 MB
- Churches of montreal.jpg 3,215 × 2,382; 2.97 MB
- Eglise St Michael.JPG 2,272 × 1,704; 1.15 MB
- Eglise St. Michael en construction 1916.jpg 600 × 466; 100 KB
- Interior St Michael's Church, Montreal (HS85-10-39629) original.tif 2,634 × 2,091; 16.4 MB
- Interior St Michael's Church, Montreal (HS85-10-39629).jpg 2,636 × 2,093; 6.27 MB
- Église St. Michael et St. Anthony.JPG 2,592 × 3,872; 3.44 MB