Category:Clochafarmore (Cúchulainn's Stone)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Rathiddy 'Cloch an Fhir Mhoir', the stone of the big man, stands 2.9m high. Legend tells of how Cúchulainn was mortally wounded when he tied himself to the stone to stay upright and face his enemies. After a few days a raven landed on him and they realised he was dead.
|Location||Knockbridge, County Louth, Leinster, Ireland|
Media in category "Clochafarmore (Cúchulainn's Stone)"
The following 5 files are in this category, out of 5 total.
- Cloghafarmor.jpg 677 × 1,020; 662 KB
- Cloghafarmore.jpg 1,011 × 768; 162 KB
- Cuchulainn's death, illustration by Stephen Reid 1904.jpg 400 × 590; 247 KB
- Digital Eye–2015–Cúchulainn’s Stone (Clochafarmore Standing Stone).jpg 5,760 × 3,840; 5.6 MB
- Standing stone at Rathiddy - geograph.org.uk - 569217.jpg 640 × 480; 88 KB