Jump to navigation Jump to search
open space surrounded by covered walks or open galleries
|Subclass of|| sacred architecture,|
English: A cloister is an enclosed space, commonly in the form of a green square (called cloister garden) with surrounding arcades, that forms the central part of a monastery. It is, however, not a monastery or abbey but only a possible part thereof. Hence, the German and Swedish term Kloster, the Dutch klooster or Polish klasztor translate to monastery but not to cloister.
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
- ► Armarium (11 F)
Media in category "Cloisters"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- Bethanien1.jpg 483 × 600; 273 KB
- Church of Saint Catherine courtyard, Bethlehem 5.jpg 2,848 × 4,272; 3.7 MB
- Cloisters at Akbar's Tomb (c. 1907).jpg 750 × 1,021; 564 KB
- Columns of the coloister at Quwwat ul-Islam Mosque, Qutb complex.jpg 960 × 1,280; 259 KB
- Figure of Double Cloister.jpg 600 × 400; 18 KB
- Figure of Single Cloister.jpg 600 × 400; 17 KB
- Intricate stone carvings in the cloister of Quwwat ul-Islam mosque, near Qutub Minar.jpg 1,932 × 2,576; 1.07 MB
- Model of Double Cloister.jpg 2,542 × 1,512; 317 KB
- Quwwat-ul-Islam mosque pillars 1949.jpg 661 × 811; 332 KB