Category:Columbia (ship, 1846, Grohn)
- Type: Bark
- Design by:
- Order date:
- Built by: Johann Lange, Vegesack/Grohn Germany
- Yard No:
- Keel laid:
- Launch date: 17.10.1846
- Date of completion: 1846
- Length over all: 33,8 m
- LPP: m
- Beam: 9,0 m
- Draught: m
- Sail area:
- Speed: kn
- 1846 Named: COLUMBIA for D. H. Wätjen & Co, Bremen Flag: Germany
- 01.12.1846 Start maiden voyage, Bremerhaven - Baltimore, under Capt. Sievert Geerken. Served as a "packet sailor", sailing twice a year with emigrants to New York and returning to Europe with a cargo of tobacco or cotton.
- 1853 Onwards: Her cargo was chiefly tobacco.
- 1854 Hinrich Semcken became her master.
- 1861 Sold for 12,000 taler to the Brödrene Röd, of Tjöme, near Tonsberg. Flag: Norway. She was commanded, in turn, by O. Röd, B. Röd, R. Röd, and O. J. Röd.
- 08.1879 Sank after colliding with a whale, bound from London to Quebec in ballast, in approximately Lat 49 N, Lon 36 W. The crew was rescued by the steamer P. COLAND.
Media in category "Columbia (ship, 1846, Grohn)"
This category contains only the following file.
- StateLibQld 1 162175 Columbia (ship).jpg 1,000 × 727; 94 KB