Commedia dell’arte is a form of theatre characterized by masked “types” which began in Italy in the 16th century and was responsible for the advent of the actresses and improvised performances based on sketches or scenarios.
theatre characterized by masked “types”
|Instance of||theatrical genre,|
Commedia dell'arte has three main stock roles: servant, master and innamorati (lovers). The servants or the clowns are referred to as the Zanni and include characters such as Arlecchino, Brighella and Pedrolino. Some of the better known characters are Arlecchino (also known as Harlequin), Pierrot and Pierrette, Pantalone, Il Dottore, Brighella, Il Capitano, Colombina, the Innamorati, Pedrolino, Pulcinella, Sandrone, Scaramuccia (also known as Scaramouche), La Signora and Tartaglia.
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Il servitore di due padroni (5 F)
- ► Commedia dell'arte paintings (2 C, 57 F)
Media in category "Commedia dell'arte"
The following 6 files are in this category, out of 6 total.
- Famiglia Pavironica (2223482283).jpg 1,800 × 1,200; 724 KB
- Locandina-balanzone-bertagni.jpg 98 × 135; 33 KB
- Mascare usate in Veneta che tirano ovi odoriferi.jpg 1,473 × 2,039; 3.55 MB
- Maschere Umbre nei modi della Commedia della Arte.jpg 511 × 527; 215 KB
- Montelupo XVII 21492.jpg 510 × 494; 295 KB