Cubbon Park (Kannada: ಕಬ್ಬನ್ ಪಾರ್ಕ್) is a landmarkof the Bangalore city in the Indian state of Karnataka, located within the heart of city in the Central Administrative Area. Originally created in 1870, this public park was first named as "Meade’s Park" after Sir John Meade, the acting Commissioner of Mysore in 1870 and subsequently renamed as "Cubbon Park" after the longest serving commissioner of the time, Sir Mark Cubbon. To commemorate the Silver Jubilee of Sri Krishnaraja Wodeyar’s rule in Mysore State, in the year 1927, the park was again renamed as "Sri. Chamarajendra Park".
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Media in category "Cubbon Park"
The following 14 files are in this category, out of 14 total.
- Art of Nature.jpg 7.07 MB
- Bandstand.jpg 73 KB
- Cubbon Park Avenues.JPG 217 KB
- Cubbon Park OSM Map.png 997 KB
- Cubbon Park View W.jpg 4.07 MB
- Fantasia species fish.jpg 2.12 MB
- Flower horn fish.jpg 2.08 MB
- Installation cubbon park.jpg 9.53 MB
- Mushrooms Bangalore1.jpg 1.66 MB
- Red parrot fish.jpg 1.85 MB
- Water drops 1.jpg 3.55 MB