Jump to navigation Jump to search
English: Decebalus or Decebal (originally named Diurpaneus) was a king of Dacia (ruled the Dacians 87–106) and is famous for fighting three wars against the Roman Empire under two emperors. In the last short peace (end of 102-105) granted by Trajan, Decebalus continued to act as an independent king, rather than a conquered client and repeatedly annoyed or infuriated the Romans, leading to the final invasion and subjection of Dacia by the Romans, during which Decebalus was killed. (→Decebalus)
king of Dacia
|Date of birth||1st century (statement with Gregorian date earlier than 1584)|
|Date of death||106|
|Manner of death|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- AE 1969/1970, 0583 (1 F)
- Decebalus in art (5 C, 10 F)
- Sarmizegetusa Regia (10 C, 182 F)
- Things named after Decebalus (5 C)
Media in category "Decebalus"
The following 3 files are in this category, out of 3 total.
- Alba Iulia National Museum of the Union 2011 - Dacian State During Decebalus.JPG 2,592 × 1,944; 2.1 MB
- Alba Iulia National Museum of the Union 2011 - Decebalus Per Scrorilo.JPG 2,592 × 1,944; 2.78 MB