Most of Atget's work was published only after his death by Berenice Abbott in the U.S. (See Eugéne Atget and Getty Center). Abbott published in 1964 a book with prints she made from Atget's negatives: The World of Atget, Horizon Press, New York 1964. Another publication was Abbott, B.; Atget, E.; Worswick, C.: Berenice Abbott and Eugene Atget, Arena Editions, Santa Fe 2002, ISBN 1892041634 (containing many previously unpublished prints). The U.S. Library of Congress has some 20 prints made by Abbott in 1956 and state that there was probably no copyright on these particular prints in their collection.All works of Atget should have publication information. According to the statement of the U.S. Library of Congress, Atget's works are technically orphan works: the U.S. publications by Abbott would make them probably U.S. works, and it is unknown who would own that copyright. Abbott clearly has a copyright on the selection and arrangement of his photographs in her books. If treated as French works, the copyright on Atget's photos may have been restored by the URAA since Atget's work was still copyrighted in France in 1996, but again it's unknown who would own such a restored copyright.
|Name in native language||Eugène Atget|
|Date of birth||12 February 1857|
|Date of death||4 August 1927|
14th arrondissement of Paris
|Place of burial|
|Country of citizenship|
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Eugène Atget"
This category contains only the following page.
Media in category "Eugène Atget"
The following 9 files are in this category, out of 9 total.
- 18. Atget Eugène, Chiffonniers.jpg 5,118 × 4,221; 6.31 MB
- BNF - Portrait d'Eugène Atget - 1890 - 001.jpg 340 × 370; 121 KB
- Cité du Retiro Atget 1857-1927.jpg 396 × 500; 33 KB
- Eugene Atget plaque - 17 rue Campagne Première, Paris 14.jpg 2,321 × 1,516; 784 KB
- Eugène Atget - Cour de maison avec linge séchant - P2462 - Musée Carnavalet.jpg 3,376 × 4,755; 2.77 MB
- Hôtel Berthier de Sauvigny Atget.jpg 419 × 500; 25 KB
- Hôtel Berthier de Sauvigny photo Atget.jpg 500 × 368; 22 KB
- Hôtel de Ligny 47 rue des Francs-Bourgeois (Eugène Atget).png 415 × 500; 264 KB
- Plaque Eugène Atget, 17 bis rue Campagne-Première, Paris 14.jpg 1,155 × 740; 496 KB